HE’S BACK! Our Celebrity Chef, Taras Sabadash is back with a new Virtual Cooking Class – just in time for Fall!
Join Taras as he cooks up some delicious Pumpkin soup and “Banosh”, a wholesome cornmeal dish from the Carpathian Mountains.
These recipes are so delicious – you may want to add them to your Thanksgiving table!
Both of these Recipes can be found in Taras’ Book “Ukrainian Cooking in Taras’ Kitchen”.
Click the link to purchase yours today!
Meanwhile, here are two delicious Fall recipes, just for you!
- 500g pumpkin
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50ml olive oil
- 100g butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and chop all the vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 175C (350 Fahrenheit). Place all the vegetables on a lined baking tray, toss with olive oil and spices. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add to a 1l pan of boiling water. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add butter to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes, then blitz in a blender, until smooth and creamy.
Serve & garnish the soup with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Like our content? Sign up to our newsletter:
A wholesome cornmeal dish from the Carpathian Mountains!
- 250-300g medium grind cornmeal
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tbsp butter (optional)
- 150 ml water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 10-12 Mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound fatty bacon/back bacon/ ham
- Soft crumbly Cheese (goat, feta or similar)
- In a large pot bring water to a boil, add the sour cream until well mixed. Then add butter, salt, and sugar, and mix until dissolved.
- Gradually incorporate the cornmeal while mixing constantly.
- Cook on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once you see a ring of butter around the pot – your banosh is ready!
For Mushroom Sauce
- Slice mushrooms.
- Add 1 stick butter to a pan heated on medium heat. Melt butter down.
- Add mushrooms to pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Fry until soft.
- Add 1 cup sour cream to mushroom pan. Cook for approx. 10 mins, remove from heat.
For Salo/Bacon bits/ “shkvarky”
- Take 1 piece ham/fatty bacon and slice into small cubed pieces.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on medium heat.
- Add the bacon and fry approx. 10 mins until cooked/crispy.
Serve your Banosh with garnishes of mushroom sauce (below), bacon bits, (below) and cheese/or sour cream. Enjoy!